Women’s Group Meeting
If you missed the August meeting, don’t despair! Jill posted a video in our private Facebook group (SSPP Women’s Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/412078813486043) to bring you up to speed. (To join the Facebook group, contact Jill Birch, JB081973@gmail.com , or Tina Smith, email@example.com.
We are diving deeper into the Book of James. Several resources are available:
- “James: Jewish Roots, Catholic Fruits” by Shane Kapler is available from Theresa in the parish office for a freewill donation.
- Non-Catholic overview of book of James https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Overview%3a+James+-+YouTube&docid=608034611806284302&mid=210537DA1E008DA8FD8A210537DA1E008DA8FD8A&view=detail&FORM=VIRE
- Art of Catholic: https://matthewsleonard.com/114/
- Morning Glory radio show: https://www.ewtn.com/radio/audio-archive
Additional notes about SSPP Women’s Group:
- This is a safe space. Come as you are…come solid in your faith or questioning everything. Dialog needs to be open so do our hearts. We had a lovely array of ages there last night so we can learn from each other. Please don’t worry if you are “faithful” enough; bring your challenges! We can learn from those.
- This isn’t “MY” group. I (Jill Birch) came up with the first few topics, but I implore you to volunteer to lead a group meeting. Don’t feel comfortable in front of a crowd? Come up with a topic and I or Tina can help you plan the meeting.
- Topics–use the Facebook page to suggest ideas or there will be a “Topics” jar at every meeting you can place suggestions in.
- We will meet the 3rd Wednesday of every month. The next meeting will be Wednesday, August 18th. Meeting will start at 7 pm with fellowship/snacks starting at 6:30.
- Tina is and has put together a private Facebook page. Thank you Tina!! We are going to use this as our main form of communication. One of the reasons I wanted to do the Facebook page is because I know not everyone can come to every meeting. Some may miss 3 or 4 in a row and I didn’t want that to deter you from ever coming back. Follow the page, follow what we are doing, show up when you can! Tina says she needs to be friends with the person before she can invite you so look for Tina Smith or Jill Birch on Facebook and we will get you added.
- Evangelization– We will plan quarterly events to take ourselves and our faith out into the community. Families can attend with us. Some suggestions are to help at Baby Grace, pray in front of Planned Parenthood, fix dinner at a church in Como for homeless. Please send suggestions!
- Each meeting will have a topic. Last night we practiced Lectio Divina (instructions attached) and talked about how we relate to prayer. At the end of each meeting we will give an “assignment” to work on for the next meeting. At the next meeting we will discuss that topic.