October 16, 2020 | School
- Volleyball Season Concludes: The 2020 season concluded this past week with matches against LSE and St. Peter’s in Marshall. The Warriors defeated the Pirates on Monday evening. Congratulations to all the players and the coaches, Carol Griffin and Mariah Smith, for a great season!
- Warrior Basketball: As the volleyball and football seasons wind down, it’s time for basketball to get started. Practices started this past week for the boys and girls 7th and 8th grade teams.
- Guidelines for Fevers: We’ve had some good questions regarding fevers for children and school attendance. When a child has a fever, ALL siblings are to stay home. If a fever develops at school, all siblings are sent home. Here are the guidelines from the SSPP Pandemic Plan:
- Students and staff who are sent home with a temperature must be fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medications and may return to school if accompanied by a doctor’s note with a diagnosis not related to a respiratory illness, influenza or COVID-19 (such as pink eye, strep throat, ear infection, etc.).
- Students and staff must be fever free for 72 hours without the use of fever reducing medications if not accompanied by a doctor’s note for a diagnosis. Fever reducing medications include Tylenol, Acetaminophen, Motrin, Ibuprofen etc.