Welcome to All to Worship and Pray with Us
Father Robert William Peckman, Pastor
Deacon Dave Miller
Our parish is nestled along the Missouri River in Boonville, Missouri. Saints Peter and Paul was founded in 1856 and is a part of the Diocese of Jefferson City, Missouri.
Our parish also has Saints Peter and Paul Catholic School which spans the years of preschool through 8th grade with an enrollment of approximately 200 students (Catholic and non-Catholic).
Our school is located in a quiet residential neighborhood blessed with plenty of outdoor space with a small park across the street. The school was established between 1851 and 1856 and in 1910 came under the direction of the Sisters of St. Francis of Milwaukee. The original school stood behind the present rectory, which the parish office building now stands. Lay teachers taught the first 25 years and then the Sisters of St. Francis of Milwaukee arrived in 1885. The old school became overcrowded by 1923.
In 1925, at the same time the main building of the current school was being completed the Sisters of St. Joseph of Concordia, Kansas assumed the direction of the school. The Sisters of St. Joseph maintained a significant presence in the school until the 1980’s. Lay faculty now serve the school, some of which were benefactors of the direction provided by the sisters.
The school graduated its first senior class in 1929. The high school closed in 1969. Since then the elementary school has continued to educate children of parish families and those families in the larger community desiring a faith-based education for their children.
In 1969 an addition to the school was completed, consisting of four classrooms designed to serve lower elementary grades. Following that, with the exception of replacement of the heating system and addition of air conditioning in the early 2000’s, no major renovations or expansion projects were undertaken.
In 2009, the “Continuing the Vision” Campaign resulted in the renovation of the existing stage, gymnasium, cafeteria and kitchen into a modern kitchen, spacious cafeteria and a larger preschool classroom. In 2011 work was started on the long-planned multipurpose building to house a new gym, stage, locker rooms and restrooms and was completed in time for 2012/2013 school year. Additional expansion took place on the mezzanine level with a new computer lab and art room during the 2013/2014 school year.